Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Wet-felted Flowers


This week I've been felting flowers and vines, lucky me! I love wet-felting with wool fibers, blending the colors, adding accents like vines & tendrils, buds & beads. Finishing them up is always the most fun, you never quite know how they're going to turn out once the wool "takes over" the felting process...it's always a surprise in the end. =)


These are some samples of flowers I'll be teaching in classes in the upcoming months. I'm teaching the Wool Flower Lariat in Houston this fall at International Quilt Festival, I'm so excited to be part of their teaching faculty this year! We're also doing a class on Wool Beads, and I'm doing a demo on Needle-felting Tips 'n Tricks at their Saturday Sampler. I'll be vending both Market and Festival, so I should be full of ideas and inspiration after that!


Waterworks Art Gallery in Salisbury is also giving me a day (Nov. 20) to teach wet-felting this fall - yay! This time it's for grown-up girls, we'll be making these pretty flower brooches along with some other projects, what a fun day that will be, and close to home too. And last but not least, the gals at the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival this year made a special request for me to teach these flowers at the 2011 show...your wish is my command! I look forward to seeing my felting friends in Hampton again next year.

2 comments:

tiny said...

Hi Vicky
Your flowers er beautiful. I don't work with wol, but my friend se make's also beautiful things with wol.
I wish you lot of succes with teaching an the Wool Flower Lariat in Houston.
I found your blog on Quilting Bloggers.
Have a nice day
Tiny from the Netherlands.

Vickie said...

Thank you Tiny, I'm really looking forward to the show, will you be there? It's the best, lots of great classes and vendors!